Selling Mayhem Trauma Amplifier 3, MM Twen Edition, Sand Stormer + more

Discussion in 'Trading' started by GeorgeSkywalker, May 16, 2023.

1. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Which film is this?

Burt Munro: If you don't follow through on your dreams, you might as well be a vegetable.
    Tom: [nods earnestly] What type of vegetable?
    Burt Munro: Hah, I don't know... a cabbage. Yeah, a cabbage.

*Based on the true story of Burt Munro. So two of the tag lines for this film were:
    Based On One Hell Of A True Story
    The extraordinary true adventure of Burt Munro from Down Under

Director Roger Donaldson
    Writer Roger Donaldson
    Stars Anthony Hopkins, Diane Ladd, Iain Rea

The story of New Zealander Burt Munro, who spent years rebuilding a 1920 Indian motorcycle, which helped him set the land speed world record at Utah's Bonneville Salt Flats in 1967.

2. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

The World's Fastest Indian

Trivia:
    Burt Munro's children visited the set one day, when, according to writer, producer, and director Roger Donaldson, "Tony (Sir Anthony Hopkins) was having a particularly good Burt day." His performance was so authentic that it moved them to tears.

3. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Which film is this?

John Brennan: So, the life and times of Don Quixote, what is it about?
    Female College Student: That someone's belief in virtue is more important than virtue itself?
    John Brennan: Yes... that's in the there. But what is it about? Could it be how rational thought destroys your soul? Could it be about the triumph of irrationality and the power that is in that? You know, we spend a lot of time trying to organize the world. We build clocks and calendars and we try to predict the weather. But what part of our life is truly under our control? What if we choose to exist purely in a reality of our own making? Does that render us insane? And if it does, isn't that better than a life of despair?

Director Paul Haggis
    Writers Paul Haggis, Fred Cavayé, Guillaume Lemans
    Stars Russell Crowe, Elizabeth Banks, Liam Neeson

A married couple's life is turned upside down when the wife is accused of a murder.

4. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

The Next Three Days

5. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Which film is this?

Mr. Green: This is a Sicilian coin. The Sicilian people say, "A big man knows the value of small coin." My friendship is a small coin but it is all I have to offer you.

Director David Mamet
    Writers David Mamet, Shel Silverstein
    Stars Don Ameche, Joe Mantegna, Robert Prosky

Shoe-shiner Gino is hired to take the rap for a mafia murder. Two-bit gangster Jerry watches over Gino and gives him a weekend to remember.

6. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Things Change
    (note great movie but be warned terrible trailer)

7. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Which film is this?

Adult Pi Patel: I suppose in the end, the whole of life becomes an act of letting go, but what always hurts the most is not taking a moment to say goodbye.

Director Ang Lee
    Writers Yann Martel, David Magee
    Stars Suraj Sharma, Irrfan Khan, Adil Hussain

A young man who survives a disaster at sea is hurtled into an epic journey of adventure and discovery. While cast away, he forms an unexpected connection with another survivor: a fearsome Bengal tiger.

8. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Life of Pi

9. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Which film is this?

Jonas Cantrell: Tell us what we're dealing with. Shelton was a spy?
    Bray: Look, spies are a dime a dozen. I'm a spy. Clyde is a brain. He's a think tank-type guy. His specialty was low-impact kinetic operations.
    Nick Rice: That's a hell of a fancy way to say that he kills people.
    Bray: We kill people. He figured out how to do it without ever being in the same room. It was his gift, and he was the best. One time, we're tasking this tricky target. I mean, we're usin' cruise missiles and Predators, and we even had a B-2 Bomber flatten this guy's villa with JDAM. Alright, we're burnin' up millions in ordnance and we're gettin' nowhere with this guy. So we call Clyde, and we ask him to solve our problem. Clyde develops a Kevlar thread with a high-tech ratchet made of carbon fiber. Put it in a necktie. Two days later, Mrs. Bad Guy comes home, finds Mr. Bad Guy dead on the bathroom tile, choked to death. What I'm sayin' is, just assume that this guy can hear and see everything that you're doing.
    Nick Rice: No. We got him locked away; maximum security.
    Bray: He's in jail, it's because he wants to be in jail. He's a born tactician. Every move that he makes, it means something. That cellmate that he killed, what, you think that was random? No. That's a pawn being moved off the board. If I were you, I'd be lookin' for the next piece. Anybody who had anything to do with that case, he's gonna be comin' after you.
    Nick Rice: So what are you sayin'? You sayin' we can't stop him?
    Bray: Walk into his cell, and put a bullet in his head. Aside from that, no, you can't stop him. If Clyde wants you dead, you're dead.

Director F. Gary Gray
    Writer Kurt Wimmer
    Stars Gerard Butler, Jamie Foxx, Leslie Bibb

A frustrated man decides to take justice into his own hands after a plea bargain sets one of his family's killers free.

10. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Law Abiding Citizen

11. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Which film is this?

Bob Lee Swagger: Suppose I was looking for man who could make a 2200 yard cold bore shot. Who's alive that could do that?
    Mr. Rate: Seems I heard about a shot like that being made not too long ago, said the guy's name was Bob Lee Swagger. Never met the man, so I wouldn't know him.
    Bob Lee Swagger: Ya, they said that all right.
    Mr. Rate: They also said that artificial sweeteners were safe, WMDs were in Iraq, and Anna Nicole married for love.

Director Antoine Fuqua
    Writers Stephen Hunter, Jonathan Lemkin
    Stars Mark Wahlberg, Michael Peña, Rhona Mitra

A marksman living in exile is coaxed back into action after hearing of a plot to kill the President. After being-double crossed for the attempt and on the run, he sets out for the real killer and the truth.

12. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Shooter

13. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Which film is this?

Russian Interregator #2: Every minute you don't tell us why you are here, I cut off a finger.
    Emmett Fitz-Hume: Mine or yours?
    Russian Interregator #2: Yours.
    Emmett Fitz-Hume: Damn!

Director John Landis
    Writers Dan Aykroyd, Dave Thomas, Lowell Ganz
    Stars Chevy Chase, Dan Aykroyd, Mark Stewart

Two bumbling government employees think they are U.S. spies, only to discover that they are actually decoys for Nuclear War.

14. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Spies Like Us
    (A very interesting exam technique upload_2024-5-11_21-53-41.gif )

15. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Which film is this?

Mildred Hayes: Wow. When you can't trust the lawyers and the advertising men, what the hell's America coming to, huh?

Director Martin McDonagh
    Writer Martin McDonagh
    Stars Frances McDormand, Woody Harrelson, Sam Rockwell

A mother personally challenges the local authorities to solve her daughter's murder when they fail to catch the culprit.

16. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.